Where Professional Development meets Personal Evolution
At Sunshine Yoga we recognise that as a yoga teacher or practitioner you never stop learning; certainly learning does not end with a teaching qualification. For that reason we offer our Chandra Mentorship Programme to students who have completed their 200hr Teacher Training.
Our Chandra Mentorship Program is an incredible opportunity designed to give you support after your training. We provide graduates with an effective platform to continue their studies and gain real life experience teaching classes, refining their skills and studying directly with a Senior Yoga Teacher. If you’re serious about becoming a GREAT Yoga Teacher, then this is for you.
About the Programme
This 6 month intimate continued learning, offers a structured mentoring programme to help you get clear about where you want to go and how to get there – giving you the hands-on experience, skills and individual guidance needed to take your teaching to a whole new level.
The programme is designed to make you a better teacher and help you gain the confidence necessary to command a room, create an environment within your classroom that is conducive to learning, and the support you need to really transition into the seat of the teacher with more hands-on support, integrity and experience.
Our programme is unique in-so-far as it offers you the opportunity to:
- Monthly 45min 1-to-1 with your mentor to go over questions and teaching queries as they come up.
- 20% discount on all Sunshine Yoga workshops
- Opportunity to observe, co-assist or take our community classes, learning how to move around efficiently, time your assists appropriately, read the room, and address limitations of individuals
- Receive thoughtful class critiques and feedback from your Mentor
Participants will be required to:
- Set personal & business goals
- Maintain a regular home practice & class attendance
- Prepare for each mentoring session to make the most of the time together
The Mentor-Student relationship is a traditional and very powerful educational tool in the development of one’s yoga practice and in one’s lifelong journey as a student of yoga. This programme is an excellent opportunity to gain experience in teaching yoga, improve personal yoga knowledge and practice, and gain the confidence to move into the role of a teacher.
Who is the Programme for?
The programme is open to anyone who has successfully completed our 200hr Teaching Training Certificate. The programme is suitable if;
- You are a teacher who is now certified but don’t yet feel ready to to begin teaching
- You are not afraid to teach but you don’t know what to teach (sequences, life lessons, you name it)
- You are ready to teach, but would still like the support and opportunity to grow more with the guidance of a Senior Teacher
- You received negative feedback once about your teaching and you swore never to teach again
- It has been a while since you have been out of training and you never started to teach, and now, you don’t even know what to teach anymore
Investment & dates
The Self Investment is £300 to be paid in full or in 3 installments, and you can start at anytime.
Please know that, your successful completion of our Chandra Mentorship Programme and favorable recommendation from your mentor are factors we look closely at when deciding to invite young teachers onto our teaching community, sub list and eventually, permanent teaching staff here at Sunshine Yoga.
What you will walk away with:
- More in depth exploration into teaching techniques
- Assisting and supporting more advanced students
- Experience working alongside Senior Yoga Teacher
- The confidence necessary to command a room and create a safe environment
- The tools to transition into the seat of the teacher with integrity
How to Apply
Applications are considered on a first-come-first served basis. The programme has a limited number of places to ensure the highest quality, so we do expect this programme to fill up quickly. Applicants will be selected on this basis of suitability and commitment to the training process. We will review your application and if we have any questions or want to clarify anything, we will email you.
Once you have been accepted, we will send you an email confirmation as well as a request for a non-refundable deposit and payment options and details.
Steps to be completed before you start.
- Fill out a Mentorship Application online
- Make your £100 non-refundable deposit
- Email your proof of Liability Insurance (we recommend Yoga Alliance)
If you have any questions about the programme or the application procedure, please don’t hesitate to call us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to hearing from you!